Hello, everyone. This year for Kentucky Archaeology Month, we want to hear from you!!!. Do you have questions about Kentucky archaeology? If so, please reach out to us. We encourage you to submit any Kentucky Archaeology questions you have by private messaging the Kentucky Archaeology Facebook Page.
Now on to the events.
We have events scheduled throughout the month of September to celebrate Kentucky Archaeology Month. We hope you will join us for one or more of these events.
- Sept 1 and Sept. 8, 9:00am – 1:00pm – Plant Domestication in Kentucky in conjunction with the Lexington Farmers Market (Cheapside Park)
- September 14, 9:00am – 4:00pm – Corn Island Archaeology Public Dig in conjunction with the Gaslight Festival (10320 Watterson Trail, Jeffersontown)
- September 21, 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Kentucky Heritage Council and Kentucky Historical Society Mock Archaeological Investigation in conjunction with the Odd Fellows Market (Old Capitol Lawn, Frankfort)
- September 22, 9:00am – 2:00pm – Annual Judge Joseph Holt House Community Day (6205 KY 144, near Hardinsburg)
- September 22, 9:00am – 4:00pm – Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Archaeology Day (94 Green Street, Wickliffe)
- September 22, 10:00am – 5:00pm – Living Archaeology Weekend (Gladie Visitor Center, Red River Gorge, Daniel Boone National Forest)
- September 22, 10:00am – 4:00pm – Living History Event at Ashland ( 120 Sycamore Road, Lexington)
- September 27, 2:00pm-3:00pm – Dispelling the Myth – The Archaeology of Kentucky’s Ancient Peoples (Preservation Kentucky Webinar presented by A. Gwynn Henderson of University of Kentucky and Kentucky Native American Heritage Commission). Register online here.
In addition to organizing the 30 Days of Kentucky Archaeology blog and assisting with hosting archaeology month events, Kentucky Heritage Council is in the process of adding journals to our webpage. View the journals by clicking here. We will continue to add journals to the webpage as time permits.
Transportation Archaeology Review Coordinator
Kentucky Heritage Council